Monday, May 17, 2010

17th May

Unfortunately, we didn't manage to film any footage the previous week, and we didn't have any editing to do. However, we went around Hong Kong to find locations for different shots. We split up for different areas in HK,and took photographs of some potential locations.
We looked at the different options, and shared our views. There were some arguments on where the shots would be taken, but we chose the best ones, also considering other factors, e.g. transportation. We chose locations according to these aspects, and at the end, chose what we thought were the best.

When that was completed, we decided to try out some shots we would do. However, since I was the cameraman, and we were using the HD camera, I wanted to get used to the functions and features of the camera. this way, I could make full use of the camera when shooting.
I started by reading the manuals, but I put it down in just a while. I saw some of the functions that I was familiar of. I have a good knowledge on photography, and lots of them could be applied to cinematography, and the camera.
I tried taking some footage, and it was quite straightforward. I also tried using some of my photography techniques, and they indeed applied to this as well.

After that, we left the classroom, and started to prepare for our shots. Even though we had a script, we tried to explore different options of shots, and we had some time. We did come up with some different ideas, and they were extremely useful.

We again, worked very well as a group, and the progress is very satisfactory. The whole process should run very smoothly, since we cooperated very well together, and our roles as a group was very clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment