Monday, February 22, 2010

February 1st Reflection

I was introduced to something new this lesson, oral history. i enjoyed the presentation given by two representatives from the Hong Kong Heritage Group. They provided a lot of information about oral history, and key points of how to conduct it.

The concept is simple and straightforward, yet a lot of research and other various aspects are required to make an interview successful and informative. For example, the questions asked, the location, and even down to the position of the mike is crucial to a successful interview.

Oral history may be something we do when speaking with other people, especially with elderly people. We might have conversations when having a meal about their own experiences e.g. World War II. This is an event that did occur to me previously, as my grandfather talked about his experiences about eh Japanese occupation of HK, and I also asked him questions.
I found this topic very interesting, and thought it would be great if I could interview some other people, and also to record and document it.

No comments:

Post a Comment