Sunday, February 7, 2010

IB Learner Profile

I missed the first film lesson, and I had to catch up the homework afterwards. I asked my classmates for information on the first lesson, and also checked up files on the teacher's blog.
I am not very sure of what the IB learner profile is, even though I've heard of it in several occasions. Through reading the teacher's and other classmates' blogs, I gained much more knowledge on it.

I will incorporate the characteristics of the IB learner profile throughout the course:

Inquirers:
When I come across something new, or I'm not familiar with, I should always ask the teacher. I should also do some independent research to gain a greater understanding. I can then apply the knowledge in class.

Knowledgeable:
Through my questions and research, I can gain more knowledge and other concepts about the world. It can allow me to be open-minded, and gain a better understanding of my surroundings.

Thinkers:
I must think carefully when coming across decisions or any problems. I have to consider all possibilities, and all ideas from others. I should analyze them, and carefully make a decision that will benefit myself and others.

Communicators:
There are lots of ways to communicate in film, and they are broad ideas and concept. I should communicate clearly, yet creatively. I should use a variety of methods, and try different ideas, yet not using just one method of communicating. I should also communicate well with my classmates to share my ideas and work well together.

Principled:
I will take all my actions with responsibility, especially when coming across film equipment. I must return them according to the guidelines, i.e. on time, in good condition. I should also be honest in any case, and respect my classmates.

Open-minded:
I should always keep an open-mind to accept knowledge, ideas and concepts. I can learn much more by doing this, and be more acceptive of thoughts and opinions. However, I should also keep a clear direction in my mind, not going off course too easily from the open-mindedness.

Caring:
Whenever others give an idea or an opinion, I should listen and respect them, also appreciating them. I should consider each of my actions, and how they would affect the others around me.

Risk-takers:
When coming across challenges or problems, I should always stand firm, and take attempts of solving them. I will often come across unfamiliar situations, and I should learn from these situations, and to experience them. I should be clear of my objectives, and strive for them.

Balanced:
I should bear in mind of all the things happening in class, and out of class. I should keep a good balance of my activities, and not spending too much time on a particular factor. I should do my homework after each lesson, keeping a balanced workload.

Reflective:
I should always reflect on my actions, and through them, understand my strengths and weaknesses, hence learning from them. I can develop more clearly, and understanding my every step better.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Nathaniel. As you spend time in this class, I hope you will be able to think up more ways to exercise the learner profile in a more cinematic way.

    ReplyDelete