Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June 8th Reflection

In today's lesson, we presented our analysis of music videos. Due to the time restriction, we were only able to see a few, and I was one of them.
I had some confidence before presenting. I was sure my analysis of the video, and I prepared well for the presentation. During the presentation, I focused on every point, and to try to connect to the audience.

I think I did quite well in the presentation. I presented my knowledge of the music video to the class, and with the assistance of the power point, was told to the audience well. I broke down the music video into its elements, and explained each of them, as well as telling how they contribute to the video.
I prepared well for the presentation, and I was more than satisfied with the results. I was lucky to not come across any major problems, and the presentation went smoothly.

However, by looking at others' presentations, I did realize some things I missed out in mine, the main one being camera angles. I did include camera distances, but the angles were left out.
Also, I learnt a lot form watching others' presentations, I learnt some presentation techniques. I spotted what was wrong in theirs, and thought about how they could be improved. I also realized that different people have different interpretations to different things. This was yet again important, to look at things from different perspectives.

When the others were playing their music videos, I tried to do a brief analysis for myself. In my head, I thought of the different shots, angles, editing etc. that were used. I would improve from looking at more videos, and realize how different techniques were applied.
There was also a very interesting thought that I had in mind. We recently completed our own music video, and now we were looking at professional music videos. I wanted to see how they were different, and thus learn from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment