Monday, June 7, 2010

Reflection on Editing

I didn't have much experience in editing, and wasn't sure how it was going to be done. I did know the very basics of it, where I learnt in the previous unit. Therefore, I tried to take the initiative, and to do more editing. I wanted to learn more about it, and make use of it, also in the future.
I tried to edit it, using my limited knowledge, and whenever I had problems, I would ask the teacher or my group mates to help me on them. By doing so, I could learn about editing much more efficiently.

I knew that editing was one of the keys to a good music video. Therefore, I looked at some other music videos, and tried to spot some key characteristics should be used. One of the music videos I watched was Every Day - Rascal Flatts.

I understood more about the characteristics of a music video, and could apply them to our own video.

Along the way, our group constantly communicated and peer evaluated. With all the different opinions and ideas,it was necessary that we understood our different views, and then to use them for a better editing of the music video. I feel that our group did very well in this aspect.

After the whole editing process, I definitely gain a much better knowledge of editing. Final Cut Pro seemed quite confusing to me before, and there was a large range of complicated tools that can be used. Now that I had a good understanding of them, I could make use of them, and contribute to the editing of the video.
I have a lot of confidence in editing, and will be glad to take the role of editing in the future. I understood much more clearly about the elements of a film, since editing required a good understanding of the elements, by frequently coming across them.

I think the group worked very well together once again, and the work was done efficiently. I also think that my own contribution to the group was good. I tried hard to edit, and constantly asked my peers for different ideas or opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment