Wednesday, March 24, 2010

23rd March Reflection

We encountered a problem the previous lesson, and we went to solve it right at the start of the lesson.

Through different tries from the teacher, we finally found a way to convert the file, and make it suitable and efficient for editing in Final Cut Pro.
I observed how the teacher did it closely, so I could repeat the steps afterwards. The file conversion took us some time, so the other half of the group continued on finding more footage online. They also reviewed the footage we already had, and mark down which areas we had to cut, change etc.

After the file conversion, we could finally start adding the clips into the interviews. It seemed a simple task, and I tried Final Cut Pro around myself, and I could find ways of accomplishing it myself. I understood how the program works much more, and thus allowing me to be more efficient in editing.
However, there were some problems with he video sizes, and I asked some classmates about it. Luckily, a group mate has had previously experience of this, and he taught me how to do it.
This was my first time of editing film clips, and it was very interesting to me. I have observed how the others does it previously, and so I could learnt from them, and do them myself.

I have learnt a lot about Final Cut Pro and its functions this lesson. I learnt them through asked teachers, asking classmates and by trying to figure them out myself. I have gained an interest for editing, and I enjoy the process of doing it.

The editing is almost complete and we will soon have a finalized footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment