Monday, March 8, 2010

5th March Reflection

We have captured 4 individual interviews, 2 on the colonization of Hong Kong, and 2 on the environment of Hong Kong.

The last lesson, we had lots of troubles considering Final Cut Pro and the capture feature. I learnt a lot from the problems we encountered, and I was much more familiar with the interface of Final Cut Pro. My workflow was much more fluent.
I could also capture the film easily, not many problems occurred, and the process was done quickly.

Since I already had the footage on the computer, I could start editing. This was my first try at editing on Final Cut Pro, and I had a lot to learn.
I asked my group mate to teach me the basics, and I got the hang of it quickly. It was relatively easy to do, since the filming and the interviews were done well.
One of the techniques of filming was to leave a 5 second gap at the beginning and at the end of each clip. I didn't fully understand the use of it before. However, once I had to edit them, I really saw the convenience of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment